SciServer Betelgeuse 2020-03-24
We have made two major changes to the Files view in the SciServer Dashboard to make it easier to manage your files. First, the list of files is now sortable by name, last modified date, and size. Click on the column headers to sort by each parameter. Click again to sort in opposite order. Second, … Continued
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.1.0
New in this ReleaseWe have integrated the existing CasJobs Groups feature into the new SciServer Groups, making it easier than ever to share data with your colleagues and students.
CASJobs Groups are now defined and created in the SciServer dashboard, and can no longer be created in CASJobs - but you can access all your old CasJobs groups alongside your new SciServer groups.
Using the combined Groups feature
Key points to keep in mind for this important new feature of SciServer are:
- What was previously two separate systems are now combined into one unified Groups model
- All existing CASJobs Groups still exist and are still supported, available under the Groups menu of the SciServer Dashboard
- CASJobs will still display all your Groups in the same place it always has
- Tables and MyDBs can still be shared with Groups in CASJobs
- Database Contexts can still be shared (via SciServer admins) with Groups
- CASJobs now has a link to the SciServer Groups - go here to create new groups
Additional benefits and features of Groups integration are:
- CASJobs groups are now visible in the SciServer Dashboard (because they are created there)
- The same Groups can be used for sharing both CasJobs MyDB tables and SciServer filesystem folders (and other SciServer resources like Compute Images and Data Volumes)
- When viewing a Group in the SciServer Dashboard, any (non-public) Database contexts shared specifically with this Group will be shown in the Groups resources view
Current limitations of the new Groups feature are:
- MyDB and MyScratch Tables are not displayed in the SciServer Groups view, only database contexts
- We do not show the full list of Public database contexts in the SciServer Groups view
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.0.15
New in this ReleaseThis SciServer releases includes two major updates.
SciServer logins now link to external accounts
The first update allows users to link their SciServer accounts to their external accounts such as a University Organization, Gmail, or ORCiD.
The first time you log in to the new system, you will be asked whether you would like to link your SciServer login name to your account(s) in any of these external authentication methods. If you create a new SciServer account, you can link with your other accounts immediately. You can unlink accounts any time by going to the new My Profile menu in your SciServer Dashboard.
Data Volumes are now visible from the Dashboard
The second update introduces "Data Volumes" to the Files view. Data Volumes are datasets that data curators have made available to the entire SciServer community. They have always been available through the SciServer Compute interface, listed as checkboxes to mount to new compute containers.
Now that Data Volumes are visible from the Dashboard, you can see their contents as well as copy data from these shared datasets into your own Storage and/or Temporary space.
SciServer Betelgeuse v18.104.22.168
New in this ReleaseWe are in the process of changing the way turbulence service cutouts are returned. This release changes the back-end endpoint; a future release will make use of this change within SciServer Compute and Compute Jobs.
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.0.14
New in this ReleaseA small fix to patch a known security issue with the file system
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.0.13
New in this ReleaseA few backend changes to better support creating and sharing of user volumes and data volumes
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.0.12
New in this ReleaseA number of backend changes to support various features - most importantly, a fix to a bug that sometimes caused users to be locked out of their accounts until resetting passwords
SciServer Betelgeuse v2.0.11
New in this ReleaseSeveral server-side bug fixes and updates to support upcoming new features
SciServer Betelgeuse v22.214.171.124
Serverside update to extend the number of compute containers that can be created by a restricted group of users